This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrating knowledge of and insight into the theory of teams and the importance of teams in workplace activities.
- Applying the theory of teams to team dynamics.
- Explaining the process of building teams.
- Analysing the role of team leader in promoting team effectiveness.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a team and propose ways to improve team effectiveness.